Aug 7, 2018

Cataract Causes Symptoms Prevention And Treatment

Cataract 


When the eye's natural lens which lies behind the iris and the pupil becomes cloudy or opaque, such a condition of the eye is termed as cataract. It disrupts an individual's vision to some extent. Slowly and gradually they grow and might lead to blindness. An individual may suffer from cataract in both the eyes. It is extremely common among old people and thus one important reason for blindness among people. 

This type of vision loss is very common among older people and are said to be due to aging. Individuals between the age bracket of 70 and above have at least once undergone the treatment or surgery for cataract. Such surgical treatment improves vision and lifestyle. 

Cataract Causes Symptoms Prevention And Treatment
Cataract


Types 


There are three different types of cataracts: 

  • Subcapsular cataract 
  • Nuclear cataract 
  • Cortical cataract 

Causes Of Cataract 


The eye's natural lens is made of some proteins and water. These proteins play a very important role. They are placed in such a way that keeps the eye's lens clean and which in turn allows the light to pass through it and allows the retina to form the images. However, during cataract, the proteins clump together at some place, and it prevents the light to pass and also prevents the retina to convert the light and to form images. 

Other than aging, the causes for the development of cataract are as follows: 

  • Ultraviolet radiation 
  • Diseases such as Diabetes 
  • Hypertension 
  • Smoking 
  • Obesity 
  • Trauma 
  • Excessive use of steroids and other medications 
  • Previous eye injury or inflammation 
  • Hormone replacement therapy 
  • Excessive Alcohol consumption 
  • Family history 
  • High myopia 

Symptoms Of Cataract 



  • Blurry vision 
  • Not a clear vision of colors 
  • Trouble seeing at night 
  • Double vision 
  • Changes in lens number 
  • Halos surrounding light 
  • Frequent changes in prescription glasses 
  • Increased sensitivity to glare 
  • Discomfort or pain in the eye 

Cataract Causes Symptoms Prevention And Treatment
Signs Of Cataract

Prevention For Cataract 


There is not yet enough evidence which will support the fact that cataract can be completely prevented. However, cataract and its complications can be reduced to a certain extent. Studies have found that higher intake of nutrients and nutritional supplements reduces the risk of cataract. Also to reduce the risk of cataract, one must also involve a diet which is high in vitamin E and vitamin C. 

Following are the prevention tips for cataract: 

  • Intake of food items high in vitamin E such as almonds, sunflower seeds, kale, green leafy vegetables. 
  • Intake of food items high in vitamin C such as orange, guava, bell pepper, Kakadu plum, rose hip, chili peppers, etc. 
  • Use of sunglasses which will protect eyes from harmful ultraviolet rays 
  • Quit smoking and drinking 
  • Intake of fruits and vegetables rich in omega three fatty acids and antioxidants 
  • Undergo regular eye checkup 
  • Follow healthy diet 
  • Keep diabetes and cholesterol under control 

Treatment For Cataract 


During the initial stages, an optometrist always suggests preventive methods which will help to reduce the symptoms and risks of cataract. As during the initial stages, not much harm is caused to the vision. Thus at this stage surgery is never suggested. In fact, the optometrist suggests different and stronger eyeglasses, sunglasses which has an anti-glare coating or even a magnifying lens. 

The optometrist will also suggest following the above preventive steps such as follow a healthy diet, quit smoking and drinking alcohol, etc. However, even after following the above-suggested measures there is not much of an improvement, and one is unable to perform daily activities such as reading, writing or driving, in such case the optometrist will suggest surgery. 

Over the years it has been observed that surgery has been highly successful. Normally the patients are discharged on the same day after the surgery. It is a painless procedure which helps to improve and restore one's vision. 

One of the surgical methods uses ultrasound waves to break the clouded proteins formed on the lenses and removes all the pieces. This method is called as phacoemulsification. 

In another type of surgery, the optometrist removes the cloudy parts of the lenses with the help of a long incision in the cornea. In place of the natural lens, an artificial intraocular lens is placed. This surgery is termed as extracapsular surgery. 

The above treatments and preventive tips are effective. Dr. Durocher, a very well-known and respected Lebanon Optometrist, always suggests that regular eye check-up is necessary to protect eyes from conditions like the cataract.

5 comments:

  1. sometimes skinny jeans are not comfortable to wear, i would always prefer to use loos jeans~ yaldoeyecenter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Day everyone, just want to share my experience here so you all should be more careful when contacting any herbalist for solution cos majority of the testimonies are fake and were the ones that fooled me.they all uses the same local code number (+234) cos i have been screwed by some of them.My Husband was suffering from Hsv for years and i went everywhere to get useful information that will help cure or suppress the disease.then i came across testimonies of those that took my hard earn money without any useful information or cure but they keep telling stories.about two months ago, a new staff was employed in my place of work and when He heard about my Husband Disease He was so remorseful and told me about Dr Emmanuel.but i felt it was still one of those Internet guys so i didn't call or text Dr Emmanuel. later that week, He asked me if i`ve heard from Dr Emmanuel and he gave me proof and reasons to try.well, lots of thanks to Dr Emmanuel cos as im writing this message, my Husband is CURED through the herbs that Dr Emmanuel sent to us.so after my experience, i decided to save some people from falling to the hands of SCAMS.thx for your time and if you require the service of Dr Emmanuel, you have to reach him via email: nativehealthclinic@gmail.com  or WhatsApp/Call +2348140073965
      you can also reach me on  +1(862) 260-4433  
      he have cure to all kinds of virus and disease,thank you Herpes,Hpv,Wart,Cancer,Hepatitis B,COPD,Brain Tumor Etc

      Delete
  2. Your post give me lots of advise it is very useful for me. download instagram stories

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very excited to inform everyone that I'm completely cured from my HSV 1&2 recently. I have used Oregano oil, Coconut oil, Acyclovir, Val acyclovir, Famciclovir , and some other products and it's really help during my outbreaks but I totally got cured from my HSV 2 with a strong and active herbal medicine ordered from a powerful herbalist and it completely fought the virus from my nervous system and I was tested negative after three weeks of usage. I'm here to let y'all know that HSV 1& 2 has a complete cure, I got rid of mine with the help of Dr Moses Buba and his herbal exploit, AFTER I engage with other wrong doctors. Contact him via email: buba.herbalmiraclemedicine@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp him at +2349060529305
    thank you..















    I'm very excited to inform everyone that I'm completely cured from my HSV 1&2 recently. I have used Oregano oil, Coconut oil, Acyclovir, Val acyclovir, Famciclovir , and some other products and it's really help during my outbreaks but I totally got cured from my HSV 2 with a strong and active herbal medicine ordered from a powerful herbalist and it completely fought the virus from my nervous system and I was tested negative after three weeks of usage. I'm here to let y'all know that HSV 1& 2 has a complete cure, I got rid of mine with the help of Dr Moses Buba and his herbal exploit, AFTER I engage with other wrong doctors. Contact him via email: buba.herbalmiraclemedicine@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp him at +2349060529305
    thank you..










    I'm very excited to inform everyone that I'm completely cured from my HSV 1&2 recently. I have used Oregano oil, Coconut oil, Acyclovir, Val acyclovir, Famciclovir , and some other products and it's really help during my outbreaks but I totally got cured from my HSV 2 with a strong and active herbal medicine ordered from a powerful herbalist and it completely fought the virus from my nervous system and I was tested negative after three weeks of usage. I'm here to let y'all know that HSV 1& 2 has a complete cure, I got rid of mine with the help of Dr Moses Buba and his herbal exploit, AFTER I engage with other wrong doctors. Contact him via email: buba.herbalmiraclemedicine@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp him at +2349060529305
    thank you..

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Husband was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech,degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 46 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he was having trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,i recommended this http://www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who also needs help.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts